My Arduino settings and code to use Sparkfun Edge with the camera module.
- Sparkfun Edge (Input only 3.3V.)
- Himax CMOS Imaging Camera – HM01B0
- Wemos CH340G USB to serial (Make sure it output is 3.3V!)
In Arduino IDE
- Add Boards Manager URL:
SparkFun Apollo3 Boardspackage
SparkFun Himax HM01B0 Cameraslibrary
- Press and hold the Reset button
- Press and hold the 14 button
- Release the Reset button
- Hold the 14 button and hit Upload in the Arduino IDE
If it is successful you will see this message:
Board default Serial Baudrate is 460800.
Example Python code is
Run this to save images on same directory:
./StopMotion.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -o .
First you see something this. When I first tried this it was all I get. Only these numbers forever. Then on the next day I came back, hooked it up and miraculous it started to work.
Example image (bmp):